Friday, August 26, 2011

Prayer for Priests

Just would like to share this prayer with you, as our priests are really in need of prayers. Thanks and blessings to you all.

Prayer for Priests

O Jesus,
I pray for your faithful and fervent priests;
for your unfaithful and tepid priests;
for your priests laboring at home or abroad in distant mission fields.
For your tempted priests;
For your lonely and desolate priests;
For your young priests;
For your dying priests;
For the souls of your priests in Purgatory.
But above all, I recommend to you the priests dearest to me:
The priest who baptized me;
The priests who absolved me from my sins;
The priests at whose Masses I assisted 
And who gave me Your Body and Blood in Holy Communion;
The priests who taught and instructed me;
All the priests to whom I am indebted in any other way
(especially …)
O Jesus, keep them all close to your heart,
And bless them abundantly in time and in eternity.
Amen.


Also, you may access this site for more prayers for priests

2 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing this prayer, it reminded me of praying for priests which I usually forget to pray for them :( I forget they very much needed our prayers.

    thanks for visiting my blog, I am from Bacolod city, am always excited to meet bloggers from home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're welcome betchai and many thanks for the prayer.

    it was ms fabon who brought me to your website. and yes, yours is one great site! truly worth visiting. ;)

    ReplyDelete