Saturday, June 13, 2009

You Can Let Go Now Daddy / Papa

My sister shared to me the site http://www.facebook.com/ext/share.php?sid=96565007236&h=s09Q9&u=7_TAj&ref=mf , Crystal Shawanda's 'You Can Let Go Now Daddy.' I couldn't relate that much with the first two stanzas of the song as I have my own unique moments with my father. But I got so struck with the last one,

"It was killin' me to see
The strongest man I ever knew
Wastin' away to nothin'
In that hospital room
'You know he's only hangin' on for you'
That's what the night nurse said
My voice and heart were breakin'
As I crawled up in his bed, and said

You can let go now, Daddy
You can let go
Your little girl is ready
To do this on my own
It's gonna be a little bit scary
But I want you to know
I'll be okay now, Daddy
You can let go
You can let go"

It brings me back to that so familiar scene of the last hours with my dad. Right now I'm holding back my tears but thankful for the writer of this song and those who shared this to us. The lyrics describe it exactly, the very thing I found so hard to write on. It was the most painful thing I had. It was indeed killing me to see my greatest strength dying before my eyes. It was like dying inside feeling my own greatest weakness. To recall, I was trying my best to keep him alive not just for my own sake but for the entire family longing to catch up with his last breath. As I was thinking for all of them I found it most difficult to give him up. With the grace of God I was able to say to him the last words of letting go,
"It's okey dad. You can go now. Don't you worry. We'll be okey. You can let go now and continue with your journey." ... then he gave up his last breath...

Until now we all do feel that certain sadness and might not even able to get over it yet. But in prayer, in grace and in great hope, we will all soon say in loving freeing words, "You can let go now Daddy/Papa."

May Papa/Daddy rest in peace as we lovingly keep him and his memories in our hearts. God bless us all!
(",)
+ jocrossy +

2 comments:

  1. this tugs at my heart. sakit akon tilaok. i dont like this topic but i read anyway kay maka learn man ko gihapon miskin ginagmay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe. thanks for considering this piece anne. thanks for your kindness. (",)

    ReplyDelete