Saturday, May 16, 2009

Dear, Last Night...

Dear, last night, was actually a night
Of sorrow and pain
Of joy and reminiscing
Of laughters and tears.

A dear friend had hurt me
Saying things I really hate
Cultivating the ill-feelings
Causing me great pains.

The root deep down was also wet
With the showers of unjust deeds
Awakening this little plant of hatred
Helping it grow, expanding its roots
Touching every soil it could reach
And I got no way in control of it.

The only thing that was left to me... was 'tears'.
Only my expressive tears helped me.
Even this I tried to control
But it was also screaming,
Wanting to get out,
Wanting to be free
And again, I got no way in control of it.

Long-treasured memories visited me
As a message from a friend reached me
The friend that I've been missing so much
Was he a long-lost one?

Just a thought from him made me happy
Comforting every tear that bursted out from me
With my heart leaping for joy and gladness
I had even laughed for the shared memory.

I was so happy, very happy
That I almost forgot this was temporary.
Few messages in a little while
And goodbye for a long time.
Bidding goodbye... such a sad thing
But I got no way in control of it.

Dear, all these I wanna share last night
Share it just to you.
But hesitations overruled me
Thought I might disturb you
Thought you won't hear me too
And so decided not to tell you.

Dear, last night I was alone
I got no one to turn to, no one to talk to.
My emotional being overshadowed me
My heart screamed both for the joy and ache.
I would love to sing a song for this thing
But surely I'd be out of tune
For I couldn't even describe the mixed feeling.

Dear, finally, I was in control of myself
Though all these were left unexpressed.
I thanked God for I managed to smile
Before I ended last night!

(written on 17 Jul 02 at 9:46:22 AM)

2 comments:

  1. *clap!clap!clap!* pwede ka na gid ka upod sa amon poetry campfire!!! you have the heart to write poetry. keep writing please.

    ReplyDelete